Since I missed out on sharing a post yesterday (our internet connection has been so persnickety recently), I thought it might be nice to wrap up the week with a peek at my latest color crush. Chambray blue, dusty pink and camel…you’re making me all swoony!
1. Silkscreen by Elizabeth Corkery | 2. Numbered Pudding Basins | 3. Band of Horses Wall Clock | 4. DIY Adjustable Unisex Apron | 5. Star Chambray Cocktail Napkin Set | 6. Barr Tray in White/Blue | 7. Rama Chair | 8. Coconut Milk Mango Bath Salts
Have a fantastic weekend friends! xo Ez
1. Here’s a lovely post that Brooklyn Limestone interviewed me for, on the subject of How to be a Thoughtful Host to House Guests. I can’t believe that I forgot to share it with you for all this time. Shows how very thoughtful I am! Ack!
2. I absolutely love the look of this DIY iPad Stand from The Artful Desperado. Not only do I want one for myself…but I also think that these would make awesome gifts to give this coming holiday season (I know it’s early…but I’m trying to pre-plan this year).
3. I just began watching, and have become completely hooked on Call the Midwife, a BBC television series (watched via Netflix). The main character (Jenny) reminds me so much of my grandmother, and I am now completely captivated by her story and look forward to watching a new episode every night before I drift off to sleep. Have you see it / are you in love with it too?
Today I’m spilling the beans on five of my favorite creative resources available online! Hopefully they’ll come in handy and become some of your favorites too!
1. Mastering Mobile Photography / 11 Tips to Better Phone Photos — Artifact Uprising
• If you’ve ever enviously wondered “how did they manage to do that with a phone camera,” then you’re going to love this incredibly informative article. My favorite tips: Create Blur on Purpose and Master the Movement
2. You Work for Them | fonts and stock art / featured font: YWFT Belle
• Most font shops online offer your standard run of the mill options, but You Work for Them is one of my favorites for finding unique choices. The only problem is that I can never choose just one font to buy…they are all so good!
3. Stocksy | stock photography / image by Melanie Defazio
• The first thing that I can think of to say about Stocksy is: “finally stock photography that doesn’t suck!” Really! You have to see for yourself to know what I’m talking about. If you ever have a project calling for an extraordinary image, but you’re not able to take that photo yourself…be sure to check these guys out.
4. Creative Market | Handcrafted fonts, themes, graphics, and digital resources / image by Decade Type Foundry
• I enjoy keeping an eye on this site and all the creative content that their community is coming up with. The price for credits to use towards purchases on the site is fairly reasonable too.
5. Skillshare | Creative Online Classes
• I’ve talked about my admiration for the creative online classroom Skillshare before…and my love has not faded since. I am always signing up for new classes to take over there when I have a spare moment. In fact, that’s one of the best things about Skillshare. You select the classes that interest you, take them whenever it works into your schedule, and learn at your own pace! If only all schools worked that way!
An assortment of animal-themed art prints for that endearing animal fanatic that you know. Yes, it’s totally okay if that person is you!
1. Two Lions / 2. French Bear / 3. The Messenger / 4. Montana Horse / 5. Spangled & Plumed / 6. Pigeons of the Roof / 7. Menagerie / 8. Pink Paradise / 9. The Kodiak Brown Bear / 10. Anatomy of a Dachshund /