I’ve been meaning to post this quick little DIY for a while, and what better day than an ordinary Monday to finally share it! You may have already caught a glimpse of this little golden ring holder that I made, in my bedroom makeover reveal post. If you follow along with the super simple steps below, you’ll be able to create a whole menagerie of your own in no time!
DIY Gilded animal figurine Ring Holder
- Plastic Toy Animal – my favorite ones are from Schleich brand | Be sure to select a figurine that has a head, horns, or antlers that are narrow enough to hold rings
- Krylon Short Cuts® Brush-On Liquid Paint in Gold Leaf
- Paint Brush | A paintbrush designed for use with acrylic paint will work best
- Disposable gloves (optional)
- Scrap paper
- Well-ventilated workspace
Project note: the paint used in this project has very strong vapors. Please work in a well-ventilated area.
Start by protecting your work surface with several sheets of scrap paper. Shake paint until it is fully mixed. Paint your plastic animal, paying special attention to the underside, and any hidden nooks and crannies. Recap paint and allow animal to dry (this type of paint dries very quickly). Once fully dry you can use your figurine as a ring (and bracelet) holder!