Hi friends! Did you all have a fun weekend? For some reason I imagined that I’d have loads of free time on my hands (no idea where that idea came from) but it the entire thing was packed full of important errands and tasks to do to get my daughter ready for her week-long Summer camp. Oh well. It was still spotted with lovely little bits to appreciate. Here are a few of my weekend moments as shared on Instagram.
2. I baked up a batch of our favorite cookies to send on the airplane with my daughter today. In my scatterbrained state I forgot the flattening step before baking, but fortunately they still tasted good.
3. Freshly picked berries are one of my most favorite things…ever, and my mom was sweet enough to share some of the bounty from her garden with me. I honestly have no idea how she manages to grow anything in our crazy Oklahoma weather…she’s amazing!
4. Just one week until I’ll be wearing my new bathing suit. It’s the first one-piece I’ve ever been excited to wear! P.S. I couldn’t find it online to link to, but incase you’re interested, it’s by 2Bamboo and I found it at Macy’s.
5. I dropped my daughter off at the airport this morning for her trip to camp. This week will be the longest time I’ve spent away from her! The house feels all echoey and too quiet with her gone, and I already can’t wait to meet up with her next weekend in Colorado for a mini vacation before we head home again. There might be a few tears shed this week (on my end…I’m sure she’ll be off having the time of her life).
6. I have a stack of mini doodles (each character is only about 2 inches tall) sitting on my desk and it seemed like a fair time to introduce two of them. The little lad on the left is by far my favorite with his jaunty little cap and old-school strong man’s leotard. Do you doodle when you’re on the phone, stressed out, or just trying to pass the time too? It’s something I’ve done since I was a kid (it always drove my parents and teachers crazy)!
If you’re not already following me on Instagram and want to, you can find me under username: creaturecomforts. I hope to see you on there!