I’ve been meaning to post about the quick facelift that I gave to our spice jars for a while now…and hooray, today I’m finally doing it! I feel like I should first start out by saying that I don’t see anything wrong with anyone leaving everything in the original bottles. I’m not typically such an organized person, but because of the extremely limited storage space in our kitchen, I knew that I needed to streamline the hodgepodge of containers that were filling the space if I planned to hold anything else besides spices inside them. Plus, after painting the interiors I couldn’t really stand the thought of putting the old jumble of jars back inside.
Here’s what I was working with. Not my fave.
And here they are now! The project turned out to be surprisingly simple! I picked up some glass spice jars and clamp-lid jars from World Market (I have to admit that it was a bit painful shelling out money for empty bottles), made up some simple spice identification labels to print onto adhesive paper, filled the new bottles up, and stuck each label on. Tada!
I have to say that the results really have made a world of difference for the functionality of my kitchen! I actually enjoy looking inside my less cluttered cupboards while cooking now, and everything is as easy to find as it is pretty to look at.
If this project sounds like something up your alley and you want to get a jump-start on things, I’ve made the printable spice labels that I used available as a freebie through the link below. Please note that they are not sized to fit a specific label template (I was too tired to try to figure that out when I was initially creating them for my project), so I just printed them onto full sheets of adhesive label paper, and used a circle craft punch to cut out the labels for the small spice jars.
Of course you might have a different assortment of spices in your kitchen than the ones I included on these labels. If so, you can use the free font Miso (the one I used for my labels) to create any additional labels that you need.
Juni gives this project two paws up!